2024 Natural Hair Regimen
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here at Goddesss Curls, I hope that your year has been off to a great start. A new year means new goals from health, career, performance, and of course, HAIR GOALS.
Let's start 2024 with healthy hair in mind. With that being said, today I will be talking to you about how to start a hair regimen for your natural hair. If your goal is to have longer hair, stronger hair, softer hair, or all of the above, then you may want to keep reading. These goals can all be achieved using Goddesss Curls products by simply creating a plan, and being CONSISTENT.
Creating a simple, yet effective hair regimen can be divided into five categories: Shampooing, Conditioning, Scalp Care, Moisturizing and Styling.
1. Shampooing: Use a sulfate-free shampoo with lots of suds to cleanse your hair once every 1-2 weeks (for dryer hair types). If you are prone to oily hair or build up you may need to wash 2-3 times per week. Our Lush Moisturizing Shampoo is a great option, as it has a nice lather, is sulfate free, hydrating enough to not strip the hair, but cleansing enough to get rid of any build up.
2. Regular Conditioning: Use a regular conditioner after each shampoo to detangle and add moisture. Our Lush Moisturizing Conditioner helps to detangle, smooth, and replenish moisture.
3. Deep Conditioning: Deep condition your hair once a week, or bi-weekly to nourish and strengthen. Leave the deep conditioner on for the specific amount of time directed on the product. Leaving it on too long can result in moisture overload & fragile strands. We currently do not have a Deep Conditoner, but have one in the works!
4. Scalp Care: Oil and massage your scalp regularly with natural oils like jojoba or tea tree oil to stimulate blood flow and promote a healthy, moisturized scalp free of dandruff. Our Divine Hair Elixir is created with not only jojoba & tea tree oil, but also peppermint & castor + only needs to be used 2-3 times a week.
5. Leave In Conditioner: Apply a leave-in conditioner to damp hair after washing to lock in moisture. Look for products with natural ingredients like aloe vera, shea butter, or glycerin. Our Ravishing Leave-In Detangler contains each of these ingredients & is the perfect base for moisture.
6. Cream: Apply a natural hair cream to not only nourish the hair, but to help define your curls & smooth frizz, and give hold to natural styles like twist-outs, braid-outs and more. Our Enchanting Moisture Cream helps to achieve all of the above. It can be paired alone, but gives ultimate moisture when paired with our Leave-In.
7. Low Manipulation Styles: Low manipulation hairstyles are those that require minimal handling of your natural hair, helping to reduce breakage and promote healthier hair growth (when done properly with care). Do these every wash day only after following the steps above: twists/twist-outs, braids/braid-outs, flat twists/flat twist-outs, wash and go's, rod sets, bantu knots, etc.
A healthy hair regimen can be as simple as these steps above, but the most important tool is consistency and patience. You will not see results if you are not staying focused on your goal, and sticking to your regimen. You must also have patience as everyones results may differ and it takes time to reap the benefits of your regimen. With anything in life, keep at it and don't give up! Healthy hair is on the way in 2024!
Click here to see my typical wash day using the regimen above via Goddesss Curls: